Gram-positive bacteria such as streptococci, staphylococci and clostridia cause considerable damage. Damage to health of the animal and financial losses for the farmer.
Because of the thick cell wall gram-positive bacteria are not susceptible to short chain fatty acids. In this case antibiotics often serve as a resource. However, the use of antibiotics is required to decline and an alternative solution is needed.
Daafit contains lauric acid and glycerol monolaurate (GML90). Daavision is the first to succeed in producing a pure dry form of lauric acid from coconut and palm kernel oil. Lauric acid is a natural medium-chain fatty acid. Medium chain fatty acids tear down the thick cell wall of gram-positive bacteria. The antibacterial function of GML90 reinforces this process.
- Contains lauric acid and glycerol monolaurate
- Supports the fight against gram-positive bacteria
- Applicable in (compound) feed
- Reduces bacterial force of infection, making antibiotic reduction possible
- Supports young animals in developing their active resistance